2, Jul 2018
“Six major differences between the United States and Sweden:
1. Sweden does not push TDap and flu shots during pregnancy.
2. Sweden does not use injectable Vitamin K in newborns.
3. Sweden does not routinely give the hepatitis B vaccine to infants.
4. Sweden gives less than 1/2 the number of vaccines to infants during the first year of life.”
5. Sweden (and most of the rest of the world for that matter) has a primarily midwifery model of care. Women only see an OB if there is a complication.
6. Sweden (again - so do many other countries) has socialised medicine. There is no financial incentive to perform more obstetric procedures."